I have a special guest post today! My friend Kellie Gimenez is one of those people who you see and think, “How does she do it all?” She beautiful on the inside and out, smart, fit, and confident. I asked her to share her story, and especially her tips for finding balance, time for self-care, and feeling happier as a mom of two (soon to be three)! Kellie, take it away…
Thanks Celeste! And Hi, my name is Kellie! I’m a baseball wife and a mom of two boys, Jace and Jaxon and have a third (girl) on the way! I have been an athlete my whole life and played volleyball in college. After I graduated, I had a hard time finding a workout that worked for me! I wasn’t very dedicated or excited to workout anymore. After I had my first son, I waited a whole year to start working out again. I told myself the lie that I was a mom now and didn’t need to stay in shape.
Finally, after a year, I snapped out of it and decided to make myself a priority again! I joined my first Beachbody challenge group (online fitness group run through Facebook) in February 2013, did an at-home workout and drank Shakeology for the first time! I had amazing results and LOVED being in a challenge group! And I had a 6-pack after having a c-section with my first son. I never thought that I would have my stomach back, but I did! And it was so great to workout at home, but still have a support group of people doing the same workouts that I was doing! With that daily accountability and support from the challenge group, I worked out harder and more consistent then I ever had!! I was hooked! And I knew there was something special about Beachbody and their workouts! I decided to become a Beachbody coach at the end of April 2013– and I never looked back. Now it has been my mission to help other women regain their confidence while focusing on their health and fitness. You can follow my journey at https://www.facebook.com/KellieGimenezFitness/
5 Tips for Moms to be Happier, More Balanced, and Fit!
It’s so easy to get caught up in the daily grind of being a mom…you know…the to do lists, laundry, errands, diaper changes, school drop offs, lunches, dishes, etc., that we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves anymore…and if we even THINK about taking care of ourselves the MOM GUILT sets in. You know what I’m talking about! Here are 5 quick tips that you can do TODAY to help you live a less-stressed, more fulfilled life.
- Wake up before your kids! Your day will be SO much less stressful if you get up before you kids and start your day. Get a cup of coffee, read the news, take a shower or workout, and make lunches. Whatever you need to do to get organized and ready for the day. Then when your kids get up you will feel refreshed and ready to start the day!
- Schedule your workouts daily! We all know that our days get full fast! It’s easy to put our workouts on the back burner because there is always SO much to do! But schedule your workouts into your day and stick to it….like an important meeting with your boss. You will have so much more energy afterward and you will feel so much better!
- Plan 5 meals every week! It’s dinner time, the kids are hungry, you don’t have anything planned so you swing by the nearest fast food. Been there? It’s such a bad habit to get into….not only for you, but for your kids. Instead sit down every Sunday and plan out 5 meals per week. And prep anything you can. Pre-cook chicken, steak, hard boiled eggs so if you are in a hurry, you still have something you can serve.
- Unplug once a day for quality time with your kids/spouse. Love equals TIME. Especially to your kids. So take time to turn off the TV, put your phone away and just be present! Have focused time with your kids and your spouse. It might not make a big difference right away, but over time it will!
- Set aside 10 minutes a day for YOU! What makes you happy, relaxed and rejuvenated? Do that for 10 minutes at least every day. Read a good book, take a bath, or go for a walk. Whatever it is that makes you feel good. I started reading personal development books a couple years ago and it’s made such a big difference for me. Two of my favorites are the “Compound Effect” by Darren Hardy and “The Happiness Project” by Gretchen Rubin.
I hope these tips help you! If you are ever looking for help starting a new workout program or nutrition plan, reach out to me! I love helping women any way I can! You can message me on my fitness page at https://www.facebook.com/KellieGimenezFitness/